This Personal Data Protection Notice (“Notice”) served pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”), describes how Valyou Sdn Bhd (formerly known as Prabhu Money Transfer Sdn Bhd) (766531-U) (“the Company”) collects and uses your Personal Data. By engaging the Company to provide services or by interacting or communicating with the Company, you hereby expressly consent to the processing of your Personal Data by the Company, in the provision of services by the Company to you. The Company shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time and from time to time. You hereby agree that you have read, understood and accepted the terms of this Notice.
1. “Personal Data” is described by the PDPA as information relating directly or indirectly to an individual who is identified or can be identified from that information and this shall include any information about you which you have provided to the Company such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, passport details, nationality, employment details, directorships, shareholdings details, email address, tax details, CCTV recording, photographs, sources of funds, bank accounts, your personal preferences, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that have been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by the Company from time to time. In respect of personal data of third parties such as your spouse and family members, you warrant that you have obtained their consent to allow us to process their Personal Data and you agree that you will extend a copy of this Notice to them prior to procuring any data from them.
2. You are responsible for ensuring the accuracy and correctness of any information provided by you to the Company in whatever form which is capable of identifying you. You represent and warrant that the information that has been furnished to the Company is not false and/or misleading.
3.On account of you providing the Company with Personal Data by your own free will and/or by using or continued use of services as offered by the Company, you consent to the transfer, storage and processing of your Personal Data to our servers, central database and system facilities which may be located and/or operated, outside Malaysia and/or your country of domicile or the location from where you provide Personal Data.
4. In addition to the Personal Data that you provide to the Company directly (whether at the point of engaging the Company to provide the services or during any communication with the Company), the Company may also collect your Personal Data from various other sources, including without limitation, from online search tools, information obtained from third parties through lawful sources including but not limited to :
5. The provision of your Personal Data may be mandatory for the provision of services by the Company, in the event you do not provide your Personal Data where the same is mandatory, the Company may not be able to (i) communicate with you; or (ii) provide you the services you require; or (iii) establish or continue to establish business relationship with you and in such an event you are under an obligation to notify the Company of your unwillingness to furnish your Personal Data, in which case the Company will no longer be able to provide you with the services. You acknowledge that the Company will not be liable for any losses which you may suffer arising from the receipt of such notification notwithstanding any agreement between you and the Company.
6. Please take note that if required, your Personal Information may be transferred to locations outside Malaysia. We may disclose your Personal Information to
our affiliates, subsidiaries, associates, contractors, licensees, advisors, vendors, service providers, merchants, strategic partners, third party contractors, whether located within or outside Malaysia, including but not limited to Bank Negara Malaysia or any other regulatory authorities.
The Company may use and process your Personal Data for the purpose relating to the services you have requested and for the business activities of the Company which shall include, without limitation:-
(a) To communicate with you including to keep you informed of the latest marketing and promotional offers of the Company;
(b) To respond to questions and comments from you;
(c) For internal administrative purposes;
(d) To provide information to local authority, regulatory, statutory and/or government authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
(e) For the Company to comply with its obligations under the law, which may include disclosure, notification and record retention requirements;
(f) To establish business relationship with you;
(g) For data processing purposes;
(h) To process your applications and services;
(i) To evaluate and /or monitor your transactions and provision of services;
(j) For research and development of products and services;
(k) For enforcement of the Company’s rights and obligations;
(l) For audit risk and management purposes;
(m) To allow the Company, its related and/or affiliated companies, service providers and business partners to promote their products and services;
(n) For such other purposes as may be permitted by law;
(o) To send you information on any change to the product or services;
(p) To process all transactions, including but not limited to sending you notifications and managing all aspects of the transaction from your account;
(q)For all other purposes incidental and associated with any of the above, and you agree and consent to the Company using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
The Company may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on the Company behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose your Personal Data to the third parties including but not limited to the following:-
(a) Information technology (IT) service providers;
(b) Data entry service providers including to all the parties mentioned in paragraph 2 above;
(c) Storage facility providers;
(d) Any banks and financial institutions;
(e) Insurance providers;
(f) Any professional advisors and external auditors including the Company’s business partners and associates;
(g) Local authorities, statutory, regulatory and government authorities and their agents in order to comply with statutory and government requirements;
(h) Any credit reference agency or debt collection agencies;
(i) Any insurance company;
(j) Any utilities providers;
(k) Any companies or businesses related to or affiliated with the Company (whether such companies operate in Malaysia or elsewhere);
(l) Any person to whom the Company transfer or proposes to transfer any part of its interest, obligations, assets, business or operations;
(m) Any person who is involved in the provision of services or products by the Company to you.
The Company strives to protect the confidentiality of the Personal Data that has been provided or collected by the Company within the jurisdiction of Malaysia. The Company will take reasonable care to implement security measures which safeguard against unauthorised or unlawful access to or alteration or disclosure or destruction of the Personal Data. If our data processing is carried out by third parties, we will require that they adhere to our standards.
Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request for access to or for correction or rectification of your Personal Data, or seek further information from the Company by logging on to www.valyou.com.my.
In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, the Company has the right to refuse your request to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data to the extent permitted under the applicable law. In the event of any change of your personal data, you are obliged to promptly contact and notify the Company.
This Notice may be reviewed and/or amended from time to time. The Company will communicate such changes along with the updated Notice on the Company’s website mentioned above and/or other appropriate communication means as may be determined by the Company.